Day 1 - Sarees and A's

The day began wonderfully. After a full 8 hours of sleep my eyes opened to the blinding rays of the midday sun... which meant not for the first time, I had slept in.

A quick breakfast and many "move faster!" yells later, I stepped out of the house with my mother in tow, with only one thought in mind: shopping. I'm not a very careful spender. Unfortunately, being a legal adult has only resulted in promoting my abysmal saving sense. Anyway, today we went out to buy something special; for the first time I bought my very own sarees!

A saree is a traditional form  of Bengali attire and is basically a very long stretch of colorful cloth that women use to wrap around their bodies. Paired with some simple jewelry, anyone can look regal in this beautiful dress. You can find many types of sarees and wear it in different ways as well . For the full talk on them just click on Youtube; you'll find plenty of tutorials there.

Bought this today!
Today I picked out a few bright silk ones to wear to my college. To be honest, it's always exciting to get to wear them! However, if you ever attempt the feat, do remember to dedicate some to walking around beforehand. You'll thank me later, trust me.

The second piece of today's news is even more special - my results came out! Thankfully, I've been blessed with all A's this semester and have been glowing with happiness all day.

It's around 7pm now and I'd better get going to whip up a meal... tonight it'll probably be pasta. Just so you know, I love pasta  - the creamy, tangy taste of sauce, the crunch of peppers, the smell of minced meat, the gooeyness of cheese... I adore pasta! Remind me to post a recipe soon.

So what have you guys been up to all day? I'd love to find out. Cheers, Nerdette.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl and The Boy

The Bones of Grace: Pre-Reading Book Review

My Very Own Shrimp and Egg Noodle Recipe